Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 6 July 2017

In the Eyes of Insiders



How do employees see their company ?


Way back in 1987 ( when I was with L&T – Powai Works ) , that question bothered me


So I devised following SURVEY FORM and asked the Supervisors / Officers and Managers to “ rate “ the company on each parameter


The survey was anonymous but the respondent had to mention ( tick ) whether he / she was a Supervisor , an Officer or a Manager ( since perceptions vary with the hierarchy )


Unfortunately , I do not have the SURVEY FINDINGS , but I think the FORM may prove useful to readers – although it was designed keeping in mind , the internal ( to L&T ) and external ( in the country ) conditions prevailing at that time , many of which have changed over the years





RATING  SCALE :

·         Very Strong  /  Strong /  Just Adequate  / Weak  /  Very  Weak



PARAMETERS  :

1…. Technological Competence

2…. Superior Product

3…. Long Product Cycle ( low obsolescence rate )

4…. Scale of Operations

5…. Manufacturing  Capabilities

6…. Planning & Control ( in Mfg , Sales etc )

7…. After Sales Service

8…. Saleability of Finished Goods

9…. Quality Consciousness ( company wide )

10….Trained / Skilled Manpower ( for all Functions )

11…. Diversified Activities

12…. Geographically Dispersed Mfg Units

13…. All  India Marketing Set up

14…. Marketing Organization

15…. Organizational Systems & Procedures

16…. Financial Soundness

17…. Large Asset Base

18…. Company Image / Goodwill



19…. Well Defined Organizational Structure

20…. Cost of Operations

21…. Pricing of Products

22…. Timely Decision Making

23…. Delegation ( Decision Making )

24…. No of levels in Management

25…. Disciplined Work force

26…. Commitment of Unionized Staff

27…. Non Multiplicity of Unions



07  July  2017


No comments:

Post a Comment