Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 22 July 2017

Privacy does not live here !



Once upon a time it did , but no more


A time when people lived on the ground and visited each other in their offices to conduct business or in their homes for small talk


Then around 1981 , came IBM PC ( and clones called, “ IBM Compatibles “ ) , followed by Internet around 1990


That started the deluge !


·         E-Mailing / Messaging  Apps ( one – to – one / one – to – many )


·         Search Engines / Job Portals


·         Social Media sites / E Commerce sites / Aggregation sites of every type


·         Hardware ( Smart phones / Tablets / Laptops / Wrist Bands )


·         Spiders / Crawlers / Cookies / Mobile Apps / Chat Bots


·         Headsets ( AR / VR ) / Hepatic Gloves / Holograms / Google Glasses


·         Artificial Intelligence / Cloud / IP V.6


·         Robots ( to give me medicines or keep me company in 85th year of life )



And , with or without my permission , these “ apparitions / contraptions “ captured – and made available for everyone to view EVERYTHING  about me ( - for monetary considerations or in exchange for INFORMATION about the users ! )


This was information about me , which , until their arrival , was known to only a few .


Information such as :


·         Who I am ( name )


·         Where and when, I was born / who were my parents


·         Where I grew up / where I live currently


·         Do I live in a rented place or in an owned flat


·         What Schools / Colleges I attended ( - and degrees I acquired )


·         What Companies I worked for and salaries I got


·         How I travel to work ( own vehicle or public transport )


·         Where I go for my holidays / what books I read


·         Who I married and who are my children ( - and how many )


·         If divorced , how much alimony I pay and to whom


·         Where I invest my money ( Banks – Funds – Equity etc )


·         How much I have borrowed from whom and for how long


·         My Credit ranking  ( including my spending history / card wise – wallet wise )


·         What are my eating ( food ) preferences and the restaurants I visit


·         What I do for entertainment ( Music / Movies / Videos )


·         What clothes I wear and how often do I buy


·         Who are my friends and how often I phone / text them / meet them


·         What ailments I suffer from and what medicines I take


·         What minor offences ( traffic ) or crimes that I have committed


·         What elections I have contested ( won and lost )


·         Who are my doctors / lawyers / brokers / agents etc


·         What web sites I visit and how often and for how long


·         What do I search on the Net / What RSS feeds I subscribe to


·         What TV channels I watch and Radio Stations that I listen to


·         Every photo of mine ever taken ( selfie or otherwise )



·         Every phone call that I ever made or received



·         Every Email / Text message that I ever sent or received


·         Every blog / comment that I ever posted on the Web



·         Every face-to-face communication that I engaged in



And when that ( dreaded ? ) SINGULARITY arrives ( when Computer / Internet / Artificial Intelligence combination , is expected to get smarter than the human beings ) , expect the following :


·         Even things about me , which I may have left out in the above list , will be known to the GOD( Give Our Data ) residing in the CLOUD (no need for any permission )


·         That O3 ( Omnipresent / Omniscient / Omnipotent ) , will dictate my life


·         Hopefully , O3  will be governed by Issac Asimov’s “ 3 Laws of Robotics “ 


·         ARIHANT will ensure the survival of HUMANITY





Postman does not knock at my door anymore


He knows , “ Privacy does not live here “





22  July  2017




No comments:

Post a Comment