Saturday, 22 July 2017

Privacy does not live here !



Once upon a time it did , but no more


A time when people lived on the ground and visited each other in their offices to conduct business or in their homes for small talk


Then around 1981 , came IBM PC ( and clones called, “ IBM Compatibles “ ) , followed by Internet around 1990


That started the deluge !


·         E-Mailing / Messaging  Apps ( one – to – one / one – to – many )


·         Search Engines / Job Portals


·         Social Media sites / E Commerce sites / Aggregation sites of every type


·         Hardware ( Smart phones / Tablets / Laptops / Wrist Bands )


·         Spiders / Crawlers / Cookies / Mobile Apps / Chat Bots


·         Headsets ( AR / VR ) / Hepatic Gloves / Holograms / Google Glasses


·         Artificial Intelligence / Cloud / IP V.6


·         Robots ( to give me medicines or keep me company in 85th year of life )



And , with or without my permission , these “ apparitions / contraptions “ captured – and made available for everyone to view EVERYTHING  about me ( - for monetary considerations or in exchange for INFORMATION about the users ! )


This was information about me , which , until their arrival , was known to only a few .


Information such as :


·         Who I am ( name )


·         Where and when, I was born / who were my parents


·         Where I grew up / where I live currently


·         Do I live in a rented place or in an owned flat


·         What Schools / Colleges I attended ( - and degrees I acquired )


·         What Companies I worked for and salaries I got


·         How I travel to work ( own vehicle or public transport )


·         Where I go for my holidays / what books I read


·         Who I married and who are my children ( - and how many )


·         If divorced , how much alimony I pay and to whom


·         Where I invest my money ( Banks – Funds – Equity etc )


·         How much I have borrowed from whom and for how long


·         My Credit ranking  ( including my spending history / card wise – wallet wise )


·         What are my eating ( food ) preferences and the restaurants I visit


·         What I do for entertainment ( Music / Movies / Videos )


·         What clothes I wear and how often do I buy


·         Who are my friends and how often I phone / text them / meet them


·         What ailments I suffer from and what medicines I take


·         What minor offences ( traffic ) or crimes that I have committed


·         What elections I have contested ( won and lost )


·         Who are my doctors / lawyers / brokers / agents etc


·         What web sites I visit and how often and for how long


·         What do I search on the Net / What RSS feeds I subscribe to


·         What TV channels I watch and Radio Stations that I listen to


·         Every photo of mine ever taken ( selfie or otherwise )



·         Every phone call that I ever made or received



·         Every Email / Text message that I ever sent or received


·         Every blog / comment that I ever posted on the Web



·         Every face-to-face communication that I engaged in



And when that ( dreaded ? ) SINGULARITY arrives ( when Computer / Internet / Artificial Intelligence combination , is expected to get smarter than the human beings ) , expect the following :


·         Even things about me , which I may have left out in the above list , will be known to the GOD( Give Our Data ) residing in the CLOUD (no need for any permission )


·         That O3 ( Omnipresent / Omniscient / Omnipotent ) , will dictate my life


·         Hopefully , O3  will be governed by Issac Asimov’s “ 3 Laws of Robotics “ 


·         ARIHANT will ensure the survival of HUMANITY





Postman does not knock at my door anymore


He knows , “ Privacy does not live here “





22  July  2017




No comments:

Post a Comment