Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Ban “ Killer Robots “ ?



Business Line ( 22 Aug ) carries a news report titled :




“  Ban Killer Robots : tech leaders to UN “



Led by Tesla CEO , Elon Musk , over 100 robotics and AI experts signed the petition


This is a good gesture as far as creating an awareness of the dangers of a “ Runaway Robotics “ is concerned


But UN bans have rarely worked in the past , even when it’s compliance was limited to a hundred countries !


In case of robots , we are talking about millions of manufacturers ( in time to come ) , spread all over the World !


I say “ Millions “ because of the following news in Hindustan Times ( 24 Aug ) :



Scientists have developed a system that lets you design a robot IN MINUTES , and then 3D-print and assemble it in as little as FOUR HOURS


The process of creating robots is slow and costly ; even one small change can mean days or weeks of rethinking and revising important hardware, researchers said


The new system allows designers to determine the robot’s movement and shape




Trying to ban robots is going to be more and more difficult with passage of time , when millions around the World can download ( using internet ) , a Robot Design and 3D-print it ( without worrying about that ban ! ) . How will government stop this ?



Only permanent / ultimate solution is :







Let Elon Musk ,




https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2017/08/racing-towards-arihant.html




24  Aug  2017


No comments:

Post a Comment