Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 3 August 2017

Look Beyond Liquor Ban



Times of India ( 31  July ), carries following headline :


“ Drink–driving cases down by 40 % after highway liquor ban “


( In Maharashtra )

April -  June 2016 ………….. 32,679

April – June 2017 …………..  19,836



Fatal mishaps and Deaths have also come down , during comparable periods


==============================


This is good news and goes to demonstrate that , when Administration fails to act , JUDICIAL ACTIVISM , can correct a situation !


I urge the Supreme Court to :


·         Come out and support ( through another order ) , Shri Raoteji ‘ s suggestion to :


Immobilize State Transport Bus , through embedding of RFID chips in State Transport Buses , if a driver is found drunk


Read :   ShriRaoteji has a vision ( 23 March 2017 )




·         Treat my following blog as a Public Interest Litigation and issue appropriate order to phase out TOBBACO INDUSTRY ( over the next 20 years ) , which is causing 60  LAKH premature deaths , each year :


Going  Up in  Smoke  ?  ( 18  Aug  2013  )



=======================================================



04  Aug  2017


www.hemenparekh.in / blogs        




1 comment:

  1. Drunk driving will be non exist when we switch over to driver-less cars.

    People can afford luxury f having their portable bar in their cars.

    ReplyDelete