Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 4 August 2017

My Birth-Right : Trying to Influence

  

Over the past 3 weeks , I have exercised , what is every Citizen’s  Birth-Right , viz:


“ Try to Influence the Policy Makers , by airing one’s own VIEWS on matters of national importance , publicly but in a peaceful and democratic manner “


I have sent following E-Mails to :


·         The Supreme Court


·         Central Government Ministers / Secretaries


·         MPs and MLAs


·         Some Chief Ministers of States


·         Leading Economists / News Paper Editors / TV Anchors / Business Leaders


·         FICCI  /  ASSOCHAM  /  CII


=================================


·         Three Got  it  Right ( 02 Aug 2017 )


=================================

·         Future  is nearer  ( 31 July 2017 ) 


=================================


·         Privacy : not Right  ?  ( 30  July  2017  )


=================================

·         Can Supreme  Stop  this  ?   (  26  July  2017  )


=================================

·         Artificial Intelligence : Destroyer of Privacy   ( 25  July  2017  )


=================================

·         “ Seeing AI  “  through “ Google Glass “  (  24  July  2017  )




·         Supreme may  propose : Technology will dispose  (  23  July  2017  )



=================================

·         Privacy does  not  live  here  (  22  July  2017  )


=================================

·         #RighttoPrivacy? Thank you , Your Honors !  (  19  July  2017  )


=================================

·         Privacy ? Perishthe thought  !  (  18  July  2017  )


=================================

·         Making Aadhaar  Omnipresent  ?   (  14  July  2017  )


=================================



It is easy to say :

Who listens ?



It is easier to become a cynic and say : 

Things will never change !



It is was very difficult to say : 

I will never give up , even at the age of 84 and even if accused of invading the privacy of these dignitaries by sending to them , unsolicited opinions !



I urge the readers to exercise this – their birth right , which , I learned to exercise  in the streets of Bhavanagar in 1942 , asking the British to “ Quit India


The ICT / AI technology which is about to bury the “ Right to Privacy “ , has also made it so very easy for every citizen to “ Speak Up “  !


05  Aug  2017




No comments:

Post a Comment