Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 14 September 2017

From BHIM 3.0 to BHIM 7.0 ?



Not surprising considering that ,


#   India is a country in a hurry


#   NDA Ministers are an impatient lot ( - I say , a great VIRTUE  )


#   PM wants the bureaucracy to move at the Speed of the Bullet Train


#   Gadkariji has set a precedent by asking Auto Industry to jump from BS 4 to BS 6




Now , it seems the NDA government wants “ DIGITAL  PAYMENTS  ECO-SYSTEM “ to get into the 7th GEAR ( bypassing 4th / 5th / 6th  gears ! )



Let me explain


DNA ( 15 Sept ) carries following news report :



“ Bhim app to come pre-loaded in phones “


Mobile handset manufacturers have been asked by the government to pre-load smart phones with Bharat Interface for Money ( BHIM ) application , which has been developed by National Payments Corporation of India ( NPCI ) , to drive digital payments across country


According to a senior official from the ministry, this move , if implemented, is expected to spur the usage of mobile payments , ultimately pushing the government’s vision of a cashless society


The Ministry of IT and Electronics also plans to make BHIM , a SINGLE POINT for ALL MOBILE PAYMENTS via Bharat QR code which will be accepted across all merchants across platforms , including Mobile Wallets





In my following blog ( sent as E Mail to NDA Ministers on 14 APRIL 2017 ), I had suggested different stages of the evolution of BHIM , ranging from BHIM 4 to BHIM 10








At that time , only BHIM 3.0 had just got launched by PM



And  , in my above blog,


 “ From UPI [ Unified Payment Interface ] to UTI [ Unified Transaction Interface ] “


was detailed only at  BHIM Version 7.0



I don’t think that the government has given up on introduction of versions , BHIM 4 / BHIM 5 / BHIM 6  !  ( Look up blog for details )


I am sure , government has merely “ Re-arranged  Priorities “ !


=======================================================

15  Sept  2017





No comments:

Post a Comment