Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Why this narrow focus ?



Economic Times ( 11 oct ) carries following news report :




“ Govt is working on a roadmap for Emerging Tech “




The government is looking at forming a comprehensive strategy to ENCOURAGE and ADOPT , emerging technologies such as BLOCKCHAIN , Artificial Intelligence ( AI ) and Big Data Analytics



The idea is not just to increase their USAGE in the official machinery but also to PROMOTE the increasing number of emerging Start-Ups in this space


The exercise will also look at defining possible regulatory framework to take care of the PRIVACY as well as other regulatory aspects . Officials of the ministry of Electronics and IT gave a presentation to the Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in the first week of September signalling for the first time that the government has decided to discuss a ROADMAP for these technologies





All of this is very welcome



But why are we confining ourselves to looking at / investigating / adopting , only Internet and Software related technologies  ?



There are dozens of other technologies which too need to be evaluated and acquired ( if found suitable ) from all over the World – and from within our own country – for solving extremely urgent problems facing the economy



If we fail to seize this opportunity , others will exploit these and might even monopolize these !



It was for this reason that in my following blog ( sent as email to Policy Makers ) , I had suggested creation of :









In that email , I had listed some 10 / 12 technologies which ( in my opinion ) , could be deployed for attacking some of the pressing problems



And one of those “ pressing problem “ is urban traffic which is dominated by cars which cause following problems :



·         Traffic congestion slowing down vehicular traffic to barely 10 km / hour


·         Parking problems


·         Pollution





To overcome these problems , I had suggested fast adoption of Geo-Orbital Electric Wheel



If you are wondering how a bicycle WHEEL could be ELECTRIC and whether it can replace cars / motor-bikes , ( for short distances , up to 10 Km ride ) , then click here :







Do read :




A  Radical Radial  Revolution  [  18  Aug  2016  ]




12  Oct  2017


No comments:

Post a Comment