Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 1 January 2018

Parking Mess ? It will get worse !




Hindustan Times ( 29 Dec ) carries following news :



“ Will motorists fall in line ? Experts suggest way out of parking mess “


Experts have suggested following measures :

============================


( # 1 )…….   Increases taxes and fines

                  My  Take :

                   This is OK and may have small improvement effect

 
====================================================


( # 2 )…….. The RTO should not register vehicles that don’t have parking space


                 My  Take  :

                 This won’t work !

                 Can you stop those hundreds of families arriving at Bombay Central /
                 VT , from all over India , and ask :


                     “  You cannot enter Mumbai , unless you prove that you have a flat to
                    live in “  ?


====================================================


( # 3 )…….  Ban on second vehicle / If one already owns a four-wheeler, a second
                 buy should be prohibited



                My   Take  :



                This too , won’t work !  To know why , read :

                         One Car per Family ?  [  27  Sept  2016  ]

 


====================================================


 ( # 4 )……  Improve Public Transport



                 My  Take :

                     This is what will help MOST

 

                   Read :

 

                   PUBLICTRANSPORT AS A SOLUTION ?  [  15  Feb  2016  ]

 


=================================================


( # 5  )…..  More parking lots / Increase the number of parking spaces to
                 accommodate an increasing number of vehicles


                 My  Take  :


                      India witnessed addition of 32 lakh Cars in 2017  ( 8757 / day )

                 

                    In Mumbai , vehicle population is growing by 700 / day  !


 

                    But more “ land “ is NOT getting created  !

 

                    Read :  Why don’t they park intheir flats ? [ 01 Sept 2017 ]

 

 



                 


Even as these suggestions are “ getting examined “ , I suggest that Govt / BMC , consider the following :

 

Leveraging NaviC  ?   [  30  May  2017  ]

 

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2017/05/leveraging-navic.html

 

02   Jan  2018

www.hemenparekh.in / blogs

 




No comments:

Post a Comment