Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 30 March 2018

Interviewing 300 Lakh Candidates ?






And , out of those , appointing 1 lakh in next 6 months ?



Today’s Times of India carries following news :









Highlights :


* Over 2.8 crore people will take the online examination for nearly 90,000 jobs offered by the railways in what is being touted as the world's largest recruitment exercise.


In fact, the number of applicants for the scarce government jobs may rise further before the deadline comes to an end today.


Around 20,000 more positions are likely to be offered by the railways next month, taking the total number of jobs to 1.1 lakh.




Only a month back , I expressed my worry that this “ World’s largest Recruitment Exercise “ , could also become :



And when it does ( which it will ) , will opposition parties claim it as :

World’s Biggest Recruitment Scam “ ?

You bet !  Imagine this happening before 2019 General Elections !

It may not be yet too late to make this entire exercise “ honest / transparent / unbiased “ if Railway Ministry were to launch :





Any start up would be able to develop this Online Interview Portal in 2 months , following the detailed instructions at :


SoftwareArchitecture For Online Jobs Fair 

 


 

Or , is it that we are incorrigible  ?




31  March  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment