Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 12 April 2018

#AirIndia #DisInvestment #IndianAviation


#AirIndia  :  A  Basket  Case  ?



It seems no Airline is interested in bidding for take over of Air India



These include :

Indigo – Jet Air  - Spice Jet – TATA SIA  - Emirate – Etihad etc



Not surprising at all , considering the terms stipulated by the Government while inviting  EOI



I am afraid , on those terms , no one will come forward



I believe , Government has realized this , going by the following news which appeared in today’s Hindustan Times :








I understand why Minister for Aviation , Shri Jayant Sinha , could not implement my suggestion in following email :


Findinga Bakra ? Possible ?  [  04  June  2017  ]


It would have proved a very unpopular suggestion , which would be “ politically incorrect “

But , unlike Air India , other Air Lines have to answer their shareholders and bankers , for profit and loss !


Let me repeat once again , what I wrote 10 months back


The only way Government can interest someone , is by :


*  Writing off  ALL the debt ( to be taken over by the Indian Tax Payers ? )

*  Transferring all 21,000 employees on Govt payroll ( including all past liabilities of PF –
    Gratuity etc )



Only other way is to keep the “ terminally ill patient “ AI on a life support system ! 




13  April  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment