Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 17 April 2018

#ATM #CashCrunch #CurrencyNotes #DigitalIndia


#ATM   running  dry  ?



Over the past 2 days , various parts of the country have reported that there are no currency notes in ATMs



For over 2 years now, I have been sending emails to our Policy Makers to consider embedding RFID micro-sensor in Rs 2,000  / Rs 500 , denomination currency notes


Had this suggestion been implemented , there would be no need to fill up those ATMs with Rs 2000 / 500 notes !



INTENTION of my suggestion :


*   To be able to trace / track , huge piles of these notes anywhere ( min amount value to be fixed )



*   To be able to draw up “ Currency Map of India



*   To reduce cash transactions ( large value only – mostly for purchase of gold / land / property etc  )



*   To reduce future generation of BLACK MONEY



*   To reduce CORRUPTION through taking / giving of bribes in high denomination currency notes



*   To give a push to digital payments



*   With huge decrease in usage, no need to print Rs 2000 / Rs 500 notes in large numbers ( who
     wants IT dept to come knocking at the office / resi , seeking explanation re: that huge pile ? )


    
*  No need to worry about ATMs running out of these notes ( the hue and cry of past 2 days )



*  No need to worry about corrupt politicians carrying suitcase full of Rs 100 notes for distribution
    among the voters





It is still  not too late ! 




18  April  2018





No comments:

Post a Comment