Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 5 April 2018

#FakeNews ? You decide !





I could have also called it :  a study  in  contrast

 
Proved by following two news reports :



DNA  / 01  April  2018



Highlights :


Data from the state economic survey, presented in the upper and lower houses of the state during the budget session, shows that the state's housing authority, Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA), has built a mere 4.68 lakh affordable homes since it was established in 1977.



 MHADA, which was established with the aim to construct affordable homes in the state, in its 40 years, has constructed and redeveloped 4,68,940 dwelling units between 1977 and 2017.



Nyoooz.com / 06 April 2018







Highlights :


Last week the state govt got a nod from the Central govt for construction of 10,600 more homes under the ambitious PMAY , bringing the total number of homes approved in the state , close to 2.2 lakh



However this figure is no match to the more than 22 Lakh applications that the state government has received under the PMAY scheme



The State government aims to construct 19.5 lakh homes under the PMAY scheme till 2022





In Junior School , we learned in arithmetic , the Rule of Three



If that rule were to be applied , it would say :


“ If building 4 lakh homes takes 40 years , then building 19.5  lakh homes would take how many years ? “



Ans :  195  YEARS



Would you say , a fit case to be categorized as #FakeNews  ?




06  April  2018




No comments:

Post a Comment