Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 12 April 2018

FDI in Tobacco Industry ?





Business Line ( 11 April ) carries following news :










I request DIPP to include me as a “ Stakeholder “  , as far as , any policy decision in respect of the tobacco industry is concerned



I believe , DIPP is opposed to any FDI in tobacco industry



But “ being opposed “  is a mere “ Reactionary “ response !



What 10 lakh persons dying  premature deaths due to tobacco usage in India , is concerned , they expect a far aggressive and “ ProActive “ attitude on part of DIPP



They expect DIPP to lay down a long term plan ( supported by adequate legislation ) for total dismantling of the tobacco industry , over the next 20 years , as suggested by me in my following earlier email  :





Going  Up in  Smoke   [ 18  Aug 2013  ]






If India can lead the world in Solar Power by promoting “ International Solar Alliance “ , why can it not take the lead to form :


International Alliance for Freedom from  Tobacco   ?




Or else , 20 years from today , we will end up with a mess similar to what we are going through right now , in relation with pollution caused by plastics  !



And tobacco related deaths would have gone up to 20 lakhs / year !



I hope Dr Harsh Vardhan finds time to read this email




12  April  2018



No comments:

Post a Comment