Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 16 April 2018

#PlasticBan #PlasticPollution #PlasticRecycling


#Plastics  :  Time  to  strike a  deal  ?



Today’s Times of India carries following news report :









Excerpt :



Plastic manufacturers have been demanding a rollback and have promised all help to recycle the plastic that is produced.


Ravi Jashnani, president of the Maharashtra Plastic Manufacturers Association, welcomed the move to form a committee. "The government has opened up a window for us," he said.


He said they had apprised Fadnavis about the large scale recycling already happening in the state. "We will take more steps to increase recycling," said Jashnani.




There is no doubt that the Plastic Industry will take steps to increase recycling


As far as the question of “ Recycling “ is concerned , I urge both parties ( Govt and the Plastic Manufacturers ) to go through my following suggestions :



 Discourage Plastics : Encourage Greed  [  21  March  2016  ]


https://myblogepage.blogspot.in/2016/03/discourage-plastics-encourage-greed.html

 


Same Wavelength ?  [  02  May  2017  ]


https://myblogepage.blogspot.in/2017/05/same-wavelength.html

 

 

Turning a Threat into an Opportunity ?  [  23  Dec  2017  ]


https://myblogepage.blogspot.in/2017/12/turning-threat-into-opportunity.html

 

 

But , let us not miss the wood for the tree  !

 

Recycling is only a “ temporary cure “ .  But , as they say ( wisely ) :

 

“ Prevention is better than the cure 

 

And the only way we can “ Prevent  the Problem of Plastics Pollution “ , is to draw up a permanent solution , as suggested in my following blog :

 

 







I urge , both the Govt Committee and the Plastic Manufacturers to conduct their negotiations in a spirit of “ Give and Take “ , in order to arrive at a permanent solution, which both parties firmly commit to and which is legally binding



If they manage to strike such a deal , it would work as a bench-mark for the Central Government to negotiate a similar deal for gradual dismantling of the Tobacco Industry over the next 10 years




17  April  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment