Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 11 April 2018

#TRAI #FakeNews #DataPrivacy #BOTS


How  Do  You  Control  Wind  ?




So far , mankind has not found any method to stop wind from blowing where it likes



It is getting the same for “ Content “ ( - often in the form of NEWS – real or fake )


Times of India ( 11 April ) carries following news :








HIGHLIGHTS :


*  Twitter’s policy on automated accounts, last updated in November, allows bots to operate but with limitations.

The policy allows for bots to “automatically broadcast helpful information” or “run creative campaigns that autoreply to users.”



EXAMPLES OF AUTOMATED ACCOUNTS


  #   Netflix bot which tweets when new shows are added to the online streaming service, and another which posts random images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


 #   CNN operates a “breaking news” bot 



#   New York Times has one that provides live analysis of NFL games





Let no one have doubts that there must be thousands of similar ( but , less well-known ) AUTOMATED BOTS , broadcasting all kinds of news ( fake or real ) , over the internet


Our IB Ministry had recently set up a committee to formulate a policy for digital broadcasting and news portals




Each passing day confirms what I said in my earlier blog :




Parallel to the ”  Theory of  Thermodynamics “ , I would like to propound the
 following , as far as the  “ Theory of Information “  is concerned :

     
     “  Like Entropy , content keeps growing with each and every human
     interaction , either with other humans or with his environment , and content
     can no longer remain hidden , nor can it be destroyed  “







On same day ( 11 April ) , Economic Times carried following news :





This report reads :


“ Trai likely to define what is personal data and who owns it “



I urge TRAI to find time to read :


Privacy  For Sale  [ 26  Aug  2017  ]






12  April  2018





No comments:

Post a Comment